Wednesday, July 3, 2013

First Steps: Making lists!

I love lists, so this is no chore for me. I've started by blurting out everything I can possibly think of that I would like to get done. From meal plans to my future, it's all spattered across the page. Don't worry about how feasible it is or how long it might take, just write it down. Want to replace your worn out purse? Want to go to Cancun in five years? Want to clean out under your sink? Write it all down.

Now that I have something to work with, I've begun organizing these tasks into folders. First I created a hierarchy of folders to assist me in keeping this all straight. Let large tasks have their own folder, then make sub-folders from that.

One thing I often muse over is clearing out my old computer so I can donate it. All it does is sit and collect dust, but up till now the multiple document copies and years worth of useless file buildup have scared me away. On the list it goes! I would also like to sort all of my photos into virtual albums by year, and also delete all the un-important photos that take up so much space.



I have a folder for both my new and old computer. I even gave 'jewelry' its very own folder because sorting this will be such a daunting task for me. Inside each folder will be photos (I love before and after!) as well as helpful articles that I come across. If I'm working on my computers but I stumble upon a great article for organizing my pantry, I'll stash it away in the pantry folder so I can use it once I'm there. This will help me stay on task! The same goes with great idea/inspiration photos.

So take your first steps to a new you and write down all the things you wish/want done!


No comments:

Post a Comment