I wanted to share some encouraging photos with you. Here (was) my studio closet so full I couldn't close or completely open the door. I even found some things I'd forgotten I had under piles and piles of stuff.
I began by taking everything out and spreading it through my studio. This is the moment when you must remember not to panic! Think about what you want, and do it.
Here is the room in all it's glory. Bit by bit I started putting things back until:
I have labeled the shelves and will be labeling the green boxes soon. At the moment, all the storage containers are empty which delights me. They were full of things I did not want and am either donating or selling. I'm glad they didn't take another second cluttering up my closet!
The paper stuck to the back wall is my rough-sketch of the peg board I am going to install. My studio will end up being a bit of a home-improvement project so I am saving those in-depth projects for later. I plan on laying all my papers horizontally on the pegs to keep them up high and accessible. (I have copious amounts of large paper sheets!)
Evolve
In my previous post I expressed that I did not want anything non-art related in this closet. Well I've changed my mind! I was surprised to see how much space I actually had. Up above, as you can see in the messy pictures, there is a shelf large enough for the big green containers to store. Since it is out of my sight I won't mind stashing my winter clothes or what-have-you up there.
Remember, if you have an idea or change your mind don't let it stop your momentum. Write it down, set it aside, and finish what is in front of you.
Onwards!
This closet took much longer than expected and I'm about half way finished. I have made a list of extra storage bits and bobbles I will need to buy, but I am happy with my progress. I'm very excited how it's coming together and am already dreaming about what my new house is going to look like. I'm amazed at how much of a stress reliever a tidy house is :)
How is your first project coming?






No comments:
Post a Comment